Weight Loss and poison

The past 9 months have been dedicated to improving my weight. I gained a lot of weight having my son 4 years ago and was holding on to a lot of it. I have totally changed my eating habits and working on exercising more and I feel so incredible! My focus for eating has been to eat as many raw fruits and Vegies as possible. so even though I have had months of not doing so well with it, I am again eating 80% raw foods. After I had my son I was roughly around 220lbs. Through the years I had dropped some of the weight and managed well through my second pregnancy, but since August of 2009 I have gone from 187-148. I still have weight to lose and a lot of toning too but I am so relieved to be finding the super thin girl that was hiding under the layers of fat.


my body after I had my son:



And here I am now:



that is the only decent full body shot I have as of now. But wow what a difference!



My eating isnt the only thing that changed. I have read so much about the benefits and negetives of certain foods and I have been trying to improve my children's eating habits as well. Some things I discovered that were shocking to me were:

(red dye) Red AC was originally manufactured from coal tar but is now mostly made from petroleum. a study found that increased levels of hyperactivity and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and lower IQs were observed in children consuming these dyes!

Mercury was found in nearly 50 percent of tested samples of commercial high fructose corn syrup. On average, Americans consume about 12 teaspoons per day of HFCS. Consumption by teenagers and other high consumers can be up to 80 percent above average levels.

In all of the debate about weather or not HFCS was good or not I wanted to check into it myself. I was sickened by these two discoveries as most of my childrens things contained one or the other. Even his vitamins! So I have now made the effort to cut those things out of our diet in hopes to keep my kids healthy forever. Another dye (i believe yellow) was given to rats that ended up getting cancer. My thought was take a bowl of cereal, I offer it to your kids who begin to eat it and then I say... by the way, I added some petroleum and mercury to the cereal, but only a little is that OK? How many of you would freak out! I know I would and did which is why poison is no longer in our menu. Hope you too make a change!

I will update you more on how the weightloss is going, I want to lose close to another 15 lbs. before my vacation in May, think I can do it?? I really hope to get into a cute bathing suit this year! :) God bless

0 comments:



Post a Comment