Running low of fuel, and patience.

OK I spent the week trying as hard as i could to do everything and to it's best. It is narrowing down to the end of the week and I have to say i am exhausted. I think the majority of the problem is that I havent felt as if i had any time for myself as my husband has been out of town the last few days for work which is very common. So tonight I am hoping to wind down, get some "me" time in and prepare myself for the tasks of tomorrow.

I have been reading so much about homeschooling and I am feeling so completely overwhelmed with the curriculm/schedule etc. however this is something that i truely want to do and i know that once i get started and get into it I will be awsome. Mateo is only 4 so i decided to go ahead and start him this year since he is so incredibly eager to learn and i need the practice and routine down before it actually counts! I dont want to waste a valuable year of education if it isnt something i can fully accomplish but with God's help I can do it!

I started this week trying to get Mateo into speaking and learning more spanish. My husband is from Venezuela and it is so important to me that we keep his culture in our home. Since i have taken studying the language seriously, mateo has taken a great interest in it. I saw the commercials for Muzzy on tv and was tempted to make the purchase but checked my library first and voila! there is was! after two days i see a great improvement! I dont really know how it works but he picked up a lot! We have conversations of a lot of made up words with spanish mixed in but hey, he is trying and i must say i am extremely impressed. I study my Spanish online at a website called www.livemocha.com and i absolutely love it. The best part of all is it is totally free! You cant beat that! It is set up like rosetta stone but in my opinion better to understand b/c i did that before too. And you can chat with other users on there from Spanish speaking countries! I have several site friends on there from venezuela, columbia, chile, etc. and it helps out to actually use and practice it. I know what youre thinking and yes, my husband SHOULD be the one teaching me but our conversations are valuable b/c i get phone calls here and there and a few sentences in between the kids verbalizations and so for me to spend minutes on a few second sentence is hardly encouraged :) My husbands Abuela is coming next month so i look forward to no english conversations with her.

I will now spend the rest of my night recouping from the day and hopefully my tank will be filled again by morning. only one more day and then i will be getting help so... i can do it!

0 comments:



Post a Comment